I am a writer, and it is my job to write.
Each morning, before getting lost in anything else, I write at least 700 words.
I usually have no idea what I'm going to write about. Sometimes I journal about how I'm feeling, or how my training is going. Other times I write out thoughts on a particular topic.
I find this routine a potent exercise in developing my voice and thinking clearly. It is also very therapeutic.
Sometimes the 700 words turn into a proper blog post. If they don't, they might end up here, assuming they are suitable for public consumption. (Many are not.)
These are not polished blog posts, or anything close to that. They are unedited and raw. Treat with caution and deep skepticism.
- 2 Nov '18—Pyramid of effect
- 1 Nov '18—Kettlebells and the Anti-blog
- 31 Oct '18—Skip the swim
- 30 Oct '18—The blog formula
- 27 Oct '18—Blog development
- 26 Oct '18—Rekindling the ancient
- 24 Oct '18—On being a donkey